The two sizes—35X12.50R17LT and 35X12.50R18LT—are both available in load range D, making them an excellent fit for lighter-duty applications including Jeeps and 1/2-ton-based pickups and SUVs.
“High-flotation tires are in high demand among off-road enthusiasts,” said Ken Warner, Vice President of Marketing for Mickey Thompson. “For lighter applications, these sizes are able to maintain original equipment load-carrying capabilities while still providing strength and flexibility without an overly harsh ride for excellent on- and off-road performance.”
The tires showcase Mickey Thompson’s proprietary compound and innovative design elements for versatile performance in any condition. Features include:
- Silica-reinforced tread compound for enhanced wet performance, cut/chip resistance, and longevity;
- PowerPly™ three-ply sidewall construction for sidewall protection and responsive handling;
- Four-pitch Sidebiter pattern that breaks up terrain for additional traction and protection (Baja MTZ P3);
- Decoupling groove that allows tread to conform to irregular surfaces and helps reduce heat (Baja MTZ P3);
- Self-cleaning high-void tread pattern and angled shoulder scallops that provide improved off-road traction (Baja MTZ P3), and;
- Variable draft angles and stone ejector ribs that reduce stone retention.
Higher load-carrying metric counterparts are still available for heavier-duty applications. For more information, visit http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/off-road/
About Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels
Max-Trac Tire Co., Inc., DBA Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels, markets racing and high-performance tires and wheels for street, strip, truck, and off-road applications. The company was founded in 1963 by racing legend Mickey Thompson and is headquartered in Stow, Ohio, USA. For more information, visit www.mickeythompsontires.com. Connect on Facebook and Instagram. Media contact: Don Sneddon, Advertising Manager, 800-222-9092, ext. 3750, firstname.lastname@example.org